Thursday, December 01, 2005

Goodnight from Sydney

That's my lot for tonight!

Tomorrow is Friday, which is again my "Hospital Day," and there is a possibility the blog may not be published. If not, all should be O.K. for Saturday!

The last article in the current "training" series appeared today but the series will resume in the near future in a new format. The articles have been picked up by a number of organisations in my specific target market, but I am not happy with the current format.

I devised the material for a particular client from a particular background, (horses for courses so to speak) and though it worked for the client, it no longer works for me. I often have to re-write the material so that the content is not Australia-specific and to be honest, I think it could do with a bit more of my personality and less of my previous clients!

***

Who would you think the following statements refer to:

he continues to make us proud

He believes he has led a good life for the last couple of years

The St Ignatius church will be open for prayer from 6am (AEDT) Friday ahead of a special service at 8.30am.There will be a moment of silence leading up to 9am

The church bell will then toll 25 times - once for each year of Nguyen's life.

The Victorian Criminal Bar Association will observe a minute's silence on the steps of Melbourne's County Court at 9am tomorrow

A Saint perhaps? Maybe a kidnapped hostage? Nope.

Nguyen Tuong Van. A confessed and convicted Australian drug trafficker due to be hung in Singapore tomorrow. Of course he has led a good life for the last couple years - he's been in Changi prison!

I do not agree with the death penalty but as I explained in an earlier post, every Australian knows the consequences of being caught trafficking drugs in South East Asia. The media has turned this convicted criminal into a national hero, with every agenda pusher demanding the same respect for a convicted peddler of death, that is normally reserved for those who have fallen fighting for their country.

Wherever you may be - be safe