Sunday, September 09, 2007

A mum appeals to the UK media

Appeal to the UK media.

Dear Sir/Madam

Hi, my name is Kylie and i'm a mum and me and my mates is in trouble - do you reckon you could help us? you see the thing is none of us have much education - dropping out of school and all that sort of thing, so we don't really know what to do.

me and my mates, well we've all known each other for some time. i even went to the same comprehensive school as some of them until it got burned down. we like to have a good time - you know how it is - we all need to let our hair down now and then don't we - know what I mean.

anyway, we all went off to this holiday camp for a week and took our kids with us. we chose that camp coz we heard it was family friendly. we dont have good jobs but we work hard like, and need a bit of fun now and then. but you know what its like with kids, little buggers tie you down and all that.

the gang and me found this pub that has trivia nights and karoake nights - a really cool place. the camp offered us baby sitting services but we thought bugger that for a lark. yeah I know things happen to kids when they are on their own, but my little girl was three and quite able to look after her younger brother and sister. anyways everyone i knows does it all the time. who needs baby sitters when there are ways to make the little buggers sleep - know what I mean?

thing is see, my little girl went missing and the police think I was somehow involved. they keep asking me questions, pointing fingers. telling me I was an irresponsible mother because I left them alone every night. even told me some old bag had heard them crying one night.

OK, I know I shouldn't have left them, but things happen like you know and well, I needed some "me" time.

i don't have much money to pay anyone to give me advice or help, do you reckon you can help me? maybe write an article and ask why people are calling me rude names and saying it's all my fault.

you don't think it's my fault do you?

Kylie

-------

Dear Sir/Madam

i got your response to my letter and after reading what you had to say about me, I think you are hurtful and unhelpful.

Kylie
Now in Cell Block H.