Friday, September 14, 2007

The Suspects: I love you, I honestly love you

British newspapers have been freely reporting that Portuguese media have published what they claim are extracts of Kate McCann's diary. Following the example of the UK press, I too will refer to reported descriptions of Little Miss Ice-Knickers diary.

The Diary was written on the advise of Aunty Phil, the well known PR Guru, Perception Management expert and Information Warrior (the title George Bush's perception manager, John Rendon gave himself - a company that in the past has visited this blog!) .

Calling upon her years of experience and renowned skill in such matters, she advised, "so we can prove to Madeleine that we have worked so hard to find her, that we've put our lives on hold to search for her and show our love for her is unending."

Personally I would have thought a child would known instinctively that she was loved by her mother, without written evidence to try to prove it. Perhaps it was meant to replace Harry Potter, as Maddy's favourite book.

Perhaps she should have employed a hard-hitting PR manager to produce a testimony proving her love - after all the McCanns have been quoted as saying they are seeking such a high-flyer in order to prove their innocence.

I am rather surprised by this as I am accustomed to innocence or guilt being established in a court of law. I can't recall too many PR managers wearing a funny looking wig and black gown. Oh I get it - they want to prove their innocence through trial by media - the very thing they complain about when the finger points their way! You have to hand it to the McCanns, they have turned hypocrisy into an art form never before seen.

Let's look at the description of the contents of Kate's diary - a diary that Aunt Phil believes would make Madeleine realise how much she was loved. But let's look at it as though it were written by someone else and meant for another child. I will provide a McCann translation.

The 39-year-old mum, is reported to have written about how difficult it was to control Mary and her two-year- old brother and sister

I love you, I honestly love you

Mrs Doe reportedly described Mary and the twins as hyperactive and 'hysterical',

I love you, I honestly love you

...and discloses that looking after them sapped her strength and emotions

I love you, I honestly love you

Publico, a respected daily newspaper, reported that the diary contained Mrs Doe's worries about her children's behaviour and her difficulties disciplining them.

I love you, I honestly love you

Yep, such a diary would prove a lot to any child. Things they no doubt already knew.