Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Further to - Book Publishing: Retraction of book review of Jill Havern's book "Silent Treatment"

Further to my post Book Publishing: Retraction of book review of Jill Havern's book "Silent Treatment" in which I mentioned Havern had posted to the blog of Jeremy Young, the failed Bradford poet, that she had reported me to the NSW Police.

Well guess what?:) This morning I had a visit from the NSW police, acting on a report that someone at this address was in trouble. Just then, my mum appears - the object of the complaint (that I had been bashing her).

Now mum is not only a formidable woman and far from being a frail old lady, she was all dressed up to the nines to go out! Mum has been kept fully informed on what has been going on, and it was she who did most of the talking - including telling them the allegations that I mistreat her.

I also explained and showed them what had been happening and passed on contact details as they requested.

The one policeman summed it up as "a hoax by sick nutters" and advised me to change my email address:)