Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Madeleine McCann: Australian blogger says, "I'm Sorry"

I would like to say, "I'm sorry" to Kate and Gerry McCann.

I'm sorry that you haven't once got off your backsides to look for the daughter you betrayed.

I'm sorry that every night prior to May 03, you deliberately decided to leave your children unsupervised.

I'm sorry that despite much publicised statements about helping exploited children, you have done nothing except chink glasses and shake hands with men in nice suits. Golden opportunities to put your money where your mouth is, went ignored or declined.

I'm sorry that after almost a year, your bizarre poster-child campaign has produced no sign of Madeleine, but has left a trail of frightened, bewildered, innocent children its wake.

I'm sorry that the statements of the Tapas Nine are riddled with inconsistencies.

I'm sorry that you all got together before Christmas to have nice chin-wag about the night of May 03.

I'm sorry that at the peak of the search for Madeleine, you preferred to spend your time driving back and for to the airport, to pick up and drop off friends.

I'm sorry that the Portuguese have suffered racial slurs such as the infamous, "shut your sardine chomping mouth" comment from the Daily Mirror's Tony Parsons.

I'm sorry that the British media branded the Portuguese police as corrupt and incompetent.

I'm sorry that you refused to answer 40 questions, despite repeatedly stating you would do all you could to cooperate.

I'm sorry that you made a mysterious trip to Huelva

I'm sorry that the dogs now world famous for their success in Jersey, displayed the same reaction in Portugal - the reaction you tried so hard to discredit.

I'm sorry that the money intended to be spent looking for Madeleine, was used to pay your mortgage and help a firm of discredited private detectives move into plush offices, and receive £50,000 a month in expenses alone.

I'm sorry that Gerry had this to say about the return of his stolen wallet. "Day 57 - 29/06/2007" of his blog. "Our friends brought back my wallet which had been returned, needless to say minus the Sterling, although all my cards and euro 30 were still in it! It is good to have my driving license back and one or two other important things". No mention of the "treasured photographs" of Madeleine.

I'm sorry that the man whose life Gerry saved on a flight from Portugal to the UK, has never been named or heard of - despite St Gerry of Rothley's heroic act being widely reported.

I'm sorry that Gordon Brown phoned you so quickly and was so very anxious to help.

Most of all, I am sorry that after almost eleven months, the noise of The McCann Travelling Circus, still keeps a little girl from the rest and dignity she deserves.

Help save a child at risk: Identifying A Child At Risk